Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Do you know what this is?

Well, I guess I'm in trouble again. Do you know what this is? I thought it was really nifty to chew on. Mom walked into the kitchen and saw me with "something" in my mouth. I knew I should not have had it, so I dropped it and went to my bed under the hutch like I was innocent. She kept asking, What is this? and Where did you get it?


No idea. Well, it took her quite a while and she was she was picking up fluff in the corner by the cabinet, and she looked at this big red cylinder and she figured out what it was. It's part of this fire extungisher thing. She got the metal ring thing and was figuring out how to put it back and of course, I had to go assist. After all, I removed it. I know where it went.
Needless to say she actually asked me "MayaMare what were you thinking? Suppose you had pulled on the handle and it went off? "

I guess that would have been bad huh? She would not let me plead "cute puppiness" for this offense. I had to sit there and watch her put the "fun to chew metal thing back in the red cylinder." My mom explained that this was for possible fire incidents in the kitchen and that this would put out a fire. "I didn't know." And that I could have really gotten hurt playing with these parts.

I have to give her some credit, while she was making space to put it in the cabinet under the sink, she told me that it was not entirely my fault, and she did accept part of the blame for putting it there and that she should known that I would find it "interesting." After all, I am a husky.

She gave me hug and told me she was sorry for putting me in danger, and at least I dropped the part and did not eat something that would make me sick. So I'm not in so much trouble now.
(note from Mom: The fire extinguisher was put there for safety, and is heavy and has been in the kitchen for months. She has never bothered with it. Why suddenly today, she noticed it, I do not know, but I am glad I caught her with the part. Even though it was there for our safety in case of a fire, she could have gotten herself seriously ill. So take note and move things that you least expect them to bother with. They will notice these things and get themsevles in trouble. This was my fault, not her's, and just knowing what "could have happened" is enough). We know it's not a "fun" post, but it is important. We'll post something fun. Promise.

Hope all of you'all are staying out of trouble.
Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

8 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, MayaMarie.
Sure you are good finding rare things to chew on! Glad you did not hurt yourself!
Kisses and hugs for you and your mom.
Lorenza

IndyPindy said...

Oh, MayaMarie! My mom gasped when she saw what it was! We are SO glad you didn't swallow it! Once I opened a child proof prescription bottle (I took the lid off) and ate some of my mom's allergy medicine. They gave me stuff that made me throw up and rushed me to the vet. I had to drink charcoal and have an IV put in and spend the night at the hospital, it was NOT fun!

Thank you for pledging for me for the hike!

Holly said...

If we can get into it, we will! Glad you are safe and didn't eat the icky metal thing!

Good reminder from your human too! It is always good to keep ANYTHING up off the floor!

Holly

Peanut said...

Oh we are so glad you didn't hurt yourself with that thing. Mom says we have one of those under the sink but I've never seen it

Tasha & Eva said...

Dad used to keep one of those by the fireplace until I chewed the top off of it. The white stuff was everywhere. It's kept up high now, not that I would want to go anywhere near it.

Good thing you didn't swallow it.

T&E

Katherine and Pippa, said...

That's a good post to tell us all about it. It was very clever of you to take it out so carefully I have to say.

I can't be bothered to be nosy.

Ruffs Pippa xx

(PS I have finally done my taggy)

-- The Mullin Clan's Mommy -- said...

Hi-Woo,
Sure am so glad that you did not swallow it or hurt yourself by chewing on it! My mommy is always checking the house to make sure that there is nothing that could hurt me or Juneau if we got into it, but sometimes things can be missed. Juneau's favorite new chew toys are telephones. Yep, he chewed up another one in our living room when he escaped out of the blocked kitchen. Stick to yur toys & chewies that are safe fur you.
-Cosmos-
P.S. My mommy added you to our dawg blawg & friends sites. Maybe you can do the same wif us.

The Army of Four said...

Ooops. Glad you didn't swallow it, MM! Mom thinks that is a good warning to all of us!
Play bows,
Zim