Well, she went outside to see if there was something I could have gotten into. And look what she found. I think she was gonna have a heart attack. First she told Dad he is to never, never, never let me outside unsupervised and not on my leash ... ever. She said some other stuff, but I'm not gonna repeat that. Boy was she mad. First she looked on the internet and of couse she could not find anything on these particular yellow mushrooms. Then she got on the phone and call my favorite place to go. The vet. She explained that there were these two yellow mushrooms in the back yard, and described them (you should have heard that explanation) and one had a bite missing. The vet told her that those were not bad ones, but that I still should not eat them and that I would probably have an upset tummy and that she could bring me in if she wanted, but was sure it was okay. And I could have half a Pepsid.
Well, I was checked out anyway and I'm okay. My vet's office manager said that I am now the official "dennis the menace" of their office because of all the things I get into. With all the rain we have been having the front yard is full of some really strange looking mushrooms and one side of the yard had those two yellow mushrooms. The vet told her that I was okay and not to let me eat any more mushrooms. I really didn't mean to do anything bad. I'm just busy when I'm outside checking things out. And for some reason, I have to taste it. So now THE RULE IS Mom goes with me outside and I'm on a nice 7 foot leash and she makes sure I don't get into anything. She goes outside before me and Missy and checks the yard for anything and everything.
When I came home, I rested by Missy with fox and was good all day. I promised Mom I would not eat something like that again. I wonder if she thinks the catching of the bumble bee (I spit it out) and and jumping up and catching the bird incidents were not so bad. Yes I did. I jumped up and caught a bird in flight in the yard. I didn't know Mom could run that fast and holler at the same time. She tackled me, made me drop the bird and had to take that to the animal shelter.
So you pups be careful with all the rain if your have mushrooms growing in your yard. Don't eat them. You could get very sick. Mom read that some of them are poison. So be extra careful! Please.
Husky Hugs, MayaMarie